Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had a similar spread in a bagel shop years ago and loved it. I tried to make it myself and it just didn't taste the same. Then I came upon this recipe that taste really good if you like a veggie spread on your bagel.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup finely diced celery
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cucumber
- 1 radish (finely diced)
- 1 dash pepper
- Prepare the veggies and put in a small colander or strainer; drain well.
- Beat together cream cheese and lemon juice till smooth.
- Stir in veggies and pepper.
- Refrigerate to blend flavors.
Hi Mimi in Maine -- I was just roaming about your cookbooks and I came upon this recipe which I tried and forgot to review! We loved it! I diced the vegetable real fine & then whipped my room temperature cream cheese with the lemon juice. However, being the kind of cook that I am -- the cream cheese wasn't as smooth as I wanted and it called for a little sour cream and I used radishes for color as well as flavor -- the Cubans love them. The end result was awesome, if I say so myself! We have it with English Muffins or very, very fresh little bagels as the residents can't eat a hard bagel. Thank you Mimi for providing the home with some good recipes to remember. Diane :)