So I decided one night to make super easy spaghetti but i wanted it creamier and meaty. With a twist i added cream cheese to store bought spaghetti sauce and vuola! it was a HIT with the fam and definitely a new go to mid-week night meal when I need to make something quick and delicious for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 -2 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 1/2 lb sweet Italian sausage
- 1 cup pepperoni slice (diced small)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- 1 (24 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce (any kind you prefer)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1on medium heat melt butter and add chopped onion to saute till soft and fragrant.
- 2Add in sausage and cook till browned
- 3add in pepperoni, garlic, oregano, basil, thyme, salt and pepper to taste saute 2 minute stirring frequently to not burn garlic.
- 4Then add spaghetti sauce and simmer 10 minute
- 5Remove from heat and add cream cheese in large chunks to fully melt and incorparate.
- 6Return sauce to med heat and simmer an additional 5 min,
- 7Serve over pasta of choice (Im a fan spaghetti ragatti).
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 676.3
- Calories from Fat 488
- Total Fat 54.2 g
- Saturated Fat 23.6 g
- Cholesterol 147.7 mg
- Sodium 1836.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g