Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cream Cheese rolled inside a flour tortilla with spices and green onions. This recipe started compliments of my brothers girlfriend and I adapted it to my taste! I'm always asked to make these!
- 2 (8 ounce) cream cheese
- 1 (6 inch) package flour tortillas
- 2 -3 green onions
Spices to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- salsa, to serve
- Soften cream cheese, slice up your green onions and add your herbs -- I taste as I go and there are many combinations but this has been my favorite. Blend well and put your tortillas on a flat surface. Spread cream cheese mixture to edges and roll up.
- If you use the 6 inch tortillas it makes about 6 or 7 rolls depending on how thick you spread the cheese.
- Put in the refrigerator covered with saran wrap. Let them chill back until they are firm. Then remove and cut in 3/4 inch slices. Arrange on a dish with toothpicks and have your salsa in the center to dip!
I have several recipes that make a sweeter pinwheel, but now I'm able to add this one to my small but growing file of more savory pinwheel treats! I'm with ~Nimz~ in that I do enjoy these little tasties with more filling in each tortilla! I'll certainly be including these on my next finger food counter when I host a group! Thanks for posting your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current round of Pick A Chef] http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498
There I was, with enough recipes to make in the middle of my PAC Spring 2010 commitment -- and I came across your recipe. I just had to make it! I wasn't disappointed! I made it exactly as given, except I used chipotle chile powder. Delicious! I have a feeling I'll be making this a lot. Thanks!
We loved this as an afternoon snack. The flavors were just excellent as written and I don't think I'll change a thing about it except maybe put more on each tortilla. I used this with our homemade salsa. Thanks for sharing. Made for PAC Spring 2010 :)