Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Everyone that tries these absolutely loves them. They are quick fixes for cheese cake lovers.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Tarts recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers (small)
- Mix first five ingredients, beat at high speed.
- Line tart pan with paper liners (small).
- Put vanilla wafers in liners bottom side down.
- Spoon 1 T batter onto wafer.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling or any fruit.
- Yields 3 dozen large tarts or 6 dozen small tarts. These can be frozen.
These taste so good to be so easy! It took a bit of doing to get them baked as I was quite confused about the size. I started with mini-muffin pans and liners but the vanilla wafers would not fit in them. I had some little amaretti cookies that did fit so they became my crust. With a scant 1 tablespoon of filling, they were filled to overflowing . Then I read step 7 -whoops! I'm guessing that for the minis, I should have used only 1 1/2 tsp. of filling. So I mixed up some more filling & used the vanilla wafers in standard cupcake liners. Everything fit. The bake time was perfect for both sizes, surprisingly. They rose and fell some upon cooling like a cheesecake. I topped some with cherry pie filling as suggested. The flavors were scrumptious together. Now that I've got the sizes and amounts figured out, ;-) I will make these often as a quick dessert or treat. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Made these late last night, I will be taking these to a meeting tonight. Of course I had to try one. Yummy. I like the idea of putting these in paper liners. I can't wait till the others tonight try these. Thanks for the great recipe CGM. I will be making again.
Color Guard Mom, these are so yummy ! I actually made these and took to a tailgate party. Once there I topped them with blueberry filling and they were gone in no time. These have already been requested again but in a larger quantity LOL. Wish I had a pic, but I had 18 people in my group and they were taking as I was topping ! These were made for PAC fall 2007.