Recipe by Color Guard Mom
Everyone that tries these absolutely loves them. They are quick fixes for cheese cake lovers.
Top Review by SusieQusie
These taste so good to be so easy! It took a bit of doing to get them baked as I was quite confused about the size. I started with mini-muffin pans and liners but the vanilla wafers would not fit in them. I had some little amaretti cookies that did fit so they became my crust. With a scant 1 tablespoon of filling, they were filled to overflowing . Then I read step 7 -whoops! I'm guessing that for the minis, I should have used only 1 1/2 tsp. of filling. So I mixed up some more filling & used the vanilla wafers in standard cupcake liners. Everything fit. The bake time was perfect for both sizes, surprisingly. They rose and fell some upon cooling like a cheesecake. I topped some with cherry pie filling as suggested. The flavors were scrumptious together. Now that I've got the sizes and amounts figured out, ;-) I will make these often as a quick dessert or treat. Thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (16 ounce) package vanilla wafers (small)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first five ingredients, beat at high speed.
- Line tart pan with paper liners (small).
- Put vanilla wafers in liners bottom side down.
- Spoon 1 T batter onto wafer.
- Bake 15 minutes at 350 degrees F. Let cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling or any fruit.
- Yields 3 dozen large tarts or 6 dozen small tarts. These can be frozen.