Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
MUST TRY!!! I had a sandwich similar to this at a cafe and it was very yummy! Adjust measurements to your preference. Some may find tapenade very salty and may want to use less.
- 1 baguette or 1 bread, of choice
- 1⁄4 cup tapenade or 1⁄4 cup black olive paste
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 1 cup greens, of your choice
- 1⁄2 cup artichoke heart
- 1⁄2 cup roasted red pepper
- 1 tomatoes, sliced
- Slice baguette in half lengthwise.
- Spread tapenade evenly on one side.
- Spread cream cheese evenly on other side.
- Spread greens on top of tapenade.
- Layer artichoke hearts, tomato slices, bell peppers on top!
- Place baguette slice with cream cheese on top of the other slice, slice, and.
This was very simple and quite delicious. First I made my own tapenade: Simple Olive Tapenade. Lightly oiled and pan grilled sourdough baguettte from a local bakery, Nancy's cultured cream cheese, shredded baby arugula leaves and the tapenade. If I had had fresh basil on hand there would have been a whole leaf on each baguette piece. Next time for sure! Thank you, Chef of Many Numbers. It was an easy weeknight meal to prepare which included a simple citrus salad and leftover Cucumber and Chive Soup With Lemon and Dill
Good little sandwich. I used less greens and more of the other veggies. The tapenade is the star here. This would be great with goat cheese too, instead of the cream cheese.