- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup butter or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup cup margarine (cut into pieces)
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (divided)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese (softened)
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large heavy saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in 3 eggs.
- Add flour, 1 cup sugar, baking soda and vanilla.
- Stir well.
- Stir in walnuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Spread into a greased 13 x 9" pan.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining sugar in small mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in 1 egg.
- Drop by spoonfulls over chocolate batter; swirl two mixtures with back of spoon.
- Bake in a 350° preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or just until set.
- Cool to room temperature in pan.
- Cut into 1 inch squares.