Recipe by Munchkin Mama
The most perfect brownie recipe I have ever made. They're soft, yet sturdy and the perfect amount of chocolate- not to sweet or rich... just right. And, wonderful presentation, too! I would be proud to serve these to company any day!! One warning, the pan size specified is uncommon and not one that I own. I use a 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 pan and bake them for 35-40 minutes. They are done when set in the middle- do not let get brown on top.
Top Review by hurricanesweetie
I baked these brownies this morning and may I say that the brownies are "to die for." Very moist and cake-like. I did however forget the chocolate chips, Duh to me. I used a 16" by 10" pan and baked for 30 minutes. I got 40 brownies from this size pan. One thing I did was to put small dollups everywhere so that the cream cheese was everywhere. Even the on the edges and corners. You gotta have the cream cheese mixture in every sinful bite. Thank you Munchkin Mama for posting the recipe.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cream cheese, 1/3 cup sugar, and one egg in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Mix butter, water, and cocoa in a saucepan and heat until butter is melted. Watch carefully- do not overcook chocolate!
- In another bowl, combine flour, remaining 2 cups sugar, soda, salt, vanilla, 2 eggs, and sour cream.
- Beat chocolate sauce into flour mixture and spread into a greased and floured 17 1/2" x 11" pan. Spoon cream cheese mixture over the chocolate and swirl with a knife to make a marbled effect. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes or until the center is set.