Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Cream Cheese in brownie, what could be better? !
- 1 (4 ounce) package sweet baking chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine chocolate and 3 tablespoons butter in top of a double boiler; bring water to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook until chocolate melts. Set aside to cool.
- Combine 2 tablespoons butter and cream cheese, creaming until light and fluffy. Gradually add1/4 cup sugar, beat until light and fluffy. Stir in egg, 1 tablespoon flour, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Set aside.
- Beat 2 eggs at medium speed of an electric mixer until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add 3/4 cup sugar, beating well. Combine 1/2 cup flour, baking powder, and salt; add to egg mixture mixing well. Stir in cooled chocolate, flavorings.
- POur half of chocolate batter into a greased 8 inch square pan. Spread with cheese mixture; top with remaining chocolate batter. Cut through mixture in pan with a knife to create a marbled effect. Bake at 350F for 35 to 40 minutes. Cool on wire rack; cut into squares.