Recipe by icetea
Very yummy sugar cookies from the Pillsbury site.
Top Review by Mark & Stacy
This is exactly what I have been trying to find in a sugar cookie recipe. I've never made a cream cheese sugar cookie until today and it made all the difference! The dough was in the fridge overnight and seemed hard at first but once it started to soften and roll, it did so beautifully, but without getting too soft as I rerolled leftover dough. I use a mix of flour and powdered sugar on my surface so it doesn't get too dry when rerolling scraps. These held the shape perfectly. I was shocked at how perfect they were! Cannot wait to make them again for the next holiday! I doubled and so glad I did. Got 4 dozen larger cookies. I have already shared this recipe!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- colored crystal sugar or decorator icing, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients except flour and colored sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour; mix well. Shape dough into 3 disks. Wrap dough in plastic wrap; refrigerate 1 hour for easier handling.
- Heat oven to 375°F On floured surface, roll out 1 disk of dough at a time to 1/8-inch thickness. (Keep remaining dough refrigerated.) Cut with lightly floured 2 1/2-inch round or desired shape cookie cutters. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Decorate with colored sugar.
- Bake at 375°F for 6 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. If desired, frost and decorate plain cookies.