Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are great because they are so easy, and they don't take much time. I love sugar cookies, and adding the cream cheese gives it twist.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in large mixer bowl.
- Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Chill several hours (I would say 3 hours).
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with a glass that has been dipped in vanilla sugar (sugar in which you have stored a vanilla bean) or plain sugar.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool on wire racks.
These were fun for the (almost) whole family to make. DD & I made the dough last night, and then she & daddy rolled, sugared and baked them this morning, while I made breakfast. :) My mom has been making sour cream sugar cookies for years, so I expected these to be very similar. We love them! Very light, soft on the inside and firm on the outside. Great cookie! The "smashing" with a sugared glass didn't go so well for my sous chefs, so they ended up rolling the balls in colored sugar and then flattening by hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe with the world. Vicky's memory will live on every time we make these cookies. Made in memory of a wonderful chef and fellow forum host.
Not quite what I was expecting. They came out more like a shortbread cookie.
By far the best cookie ever, I have made these several times and everyone just loves them. they don't need any frosting which I love too. One thing I do for fun is put just a bit of food coloring in the sugar before adding it to the tops of the cookies to add just a bit of color