In an effort to make a side-dish for my Atkin's friendly dinner guests, I came up with this. I thought it was good, not great, but everyone else seemed to love it. If you can improve on it, please let me know!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2Halve zucchini lengthwise.
- 3Scoop out middle (seeds and some meat) of zucchini.
- 4Chop tomatoes and scallions, or any other vegetables you would prefer to use.
- 5Blend together flavored cream cheese and regular cream cheese. A mixer works best, but this can also be done by hand.
- 6Add chopped vegetables to cream cheese and mix.
- 7Scoop or pipe cream cheese mixture into hollowed-out zucchini and place in casserole dish.
- 8Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the top of the cream cheese is starting to brown/stiffen.
- 9NOTE: Some moisture will be released during cooking and the zucchini will still be firm after 15-20 minutes. You may cook longer, but the cream cheese will start to liquefy.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Stuffed Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 413.9
- Calories from Fat 357
- Total Fat 39.7 g
- Saturated Fat 24.9 g
- Cholesterol 124.7 mg
- Sodium 347.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 9.9 g