Recipe by Brightspot
This is a favorite of my daughter who loves cream cheese and bacon on anything! We often find bacon wrapped recipes for chicken, but since my husband has a chicken allergy, we go with pork instead. :) Serve with fresh green beans and a baked potato which can be cooked at the same time and you have a healthy, easy, inexpensive meal!
Top Review by Da_shim
Very tasty, and they would have been easy to make if I hadn't gotten such big pork chops. Made it a bit of a pain to pound them out. Also they were a tad bit chewey, so I think I'll cut back a little on the baking time when I make them again- because I'll absolutely make these again in the future. Cream cheese leaked out a little, but a majority of it stayed in place. I think next time I may soak my tooth picks first- they set off my smoke detector once the broiler was turned on.
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 8 ounces greek cream cheese
- 12 ounces center cut bacon
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream cheese and bacon should be room temperature for easier handling.
- Season pork chops with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, then pound to about 1/4" thickness.
- Put cream cheese (1-2 tablespoons) onto the center of each flattened pork chop.
- Roll the pork chops closed (to keep the cream cheese inside).
- Wrap each pork chop in one to two pieces of bacon (depending on how big your pork chops are). Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the pork chops in a lightly greased baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Broil for 5 minutes to crisp the bacon.