Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a favorite of my daughter who loves cream cheese and bacon on anything! We often find bacon wrapped recipes for chicken, but since my husband has a chicken allergy, we go with pork instead. :) Serve with fresh green beans and a baked potato which can be cooked at the same time and you have a healthy, easy, inexpensive meal!
- 2 lbs boneless pork chops
- 8 ounces greek cream cheese
- 12 ounces center cut bacon
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Cream cheese and bacon should be room temperature for easier handling.
- Season pork chops with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, then pound to about 1/4" thickness.
- Put cream cheese (1-2 tablespoons) onto the center of each flattened pork chop.
- Roll the pork chops closed (to keep the cream cheese inside).
- Wrap each pork chop in one to two pieces of bacon (depending on how big your pork chops are). Secure with a toothpick.
- Place the pork chops in a lightly greased baking dish, and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Broil for 5 minutes to crisp the bacon.
Very tasty, and they would have been easy to make if I hadn't gotten such big pork chops. Made it a bit of a pain to pound them out. Also they were a tad bit chewey, so I think I'll cut back a little on the baking time when I make them again- because I'll absolutely make these again in the future. Cream cheese leaked out a little, but a majority of it stayed in place. I think next time I may soak my tooth picks first- they set off my smoke detector once the broiler was turned on.
My dad said this was too good for the kids...so WE ate them by the fistful. Da pecan don't fall far from dat tree, does it not?