Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delicious stuffed jalapeno recipe I got from my sister. Great for parties, especially barbecues. You can cook either in the oven or on the grill, but I prefer the grill. You can also substitute Anaheim peppers for a little less heat.
- 30 jalapeno peppers (or Anaheim peppers)
- 2 (16 ounce) packages bacon
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (out of a jar is fine, they don't have to be fresh)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- Wash and remove the seeds of the jalapenos by making a "T" cut in the jalapenos and scooping out the seeds. (A "T" cut is where you cut the pepper horizontal about half way and then in the middle of the slit, you cut a vertical slit forming a "T" cut in the pepper.).
- In a bowl, combine cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes, and garlic powder. Using a teaspoon "stuff" the jalapeno with the cream cheese mixture.
- Wrap jalapeno in bacon and secure with a toothpick. (If you are cooking on the grill remember to soak toothpick in water for 15 minutes before securing pepper with it, to ensure it doesn't catch fire on the grill).
- Cook on the grill or bake at 450° F for 15 minutes or until bacon is cooked through.
Absolutely loved this recipe. On the web there were lots to chose from but what I liked about this one was the addition of sun-dried tomatoes. I used the dry kind so I soaked them in hot-water before chopping into cheese mixture. I cut back the garlic powder & sub'd in fresh garlic cloves instead. My jalapenos must have been big, cause I ran out of filling & had to top up more. I also precooked the bacon abit in the microwave to cook off some of the grease, used 1/2 slice per pepper half. The flavour was amazing and I can see this being a regular on the menu when we grill, thanks so much for sharing your recipe.