Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this recipe from a grilling cookbook. I thought I was in burger heaven when I took a bite of this hamburger. The cream cheese just seeps out of these garlic burgers. Mmmm... their good!
- Put hamburger meat in a bowl and add garlic, salt and pepper.
- Mix together with your hands until just blended.
- Make 12 patties no more than 1 inch thick.
- Spread cream cheese in the center if 6 patties, approximately 1 oz. per patty. (Don't spread all the way to the edge).
- Put remaining patties on top of the cream cheese and seal the ends all the way around with your fingers. (Don't pinch too hard or the ends will be too thin).
- Grill on high to your desired taste. (About 8-10 minutes).
- Note: It takes a little longer than normal for the meat to cook inside because of the cream cheese.
I made a few subsitutions out of necessity. I halved the recipe b/c there are only 2 of us in the house, and I used ground turkey b/c that's all I had on hand. I didn't have quite enough minced garlic, so I used 3tbsp minced garlic and then added garlic powder and onion power too. I also added a splash of worcestershire sauce b/c I do that any time I make burgers. Finally, the store didn't have the garlic and herb cream cheese so we used onion and chive cream cheese. These were delicious! I cooked them on the George Foreman grill, but I did it with the grill open and cooked them for 5 mins on each side and then 2 mins with the grill closed to make sure they were good and stuck together. The garlic flavor, even w/o the garlic cream cheese, was wonderful and the cheese in the middle was a treat. I do think I may add a little heat next time, perhaps a splash or two of sriracha sauce, but that's just a personal preference thing. Thank you for a delicious burger recipe.
OMG these were wonderful. I used garlic and herb boursin. I think in the future I will top these with bacon just to ensure my arteries are clogging. Thanks for the recipe, this is definately a keeper. I made this for ZWT5.
We really enjoyed these. The cream cheese in the middle is the best. The burgers,themselves, were very "tasty"(DH's word),too. Will be repeated. I served these on homemade buns, Homemade Hamburger Buns (Bread Machine), and they were VERY filling.THANKS! made for Xtra Hot Dishes of ZWT6.