1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it sounds really interesting.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak clay pot, top and bottom, in cold water for 15 minutes.
- 3Rinse hens, pat dry; reserve giblets for another use.
- 4Sprinkle hens with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- 5Mix herbs in cream cheese to taste.
- 6Place half of mixture inside each hen.
- 7Place hens, breast side up in cooker.
- 8Drizzle with margarine.
- 9Place cooker in cold oven.
- 10Set oven to 450 degrees.
- 11Bake until hens are tender and light brown, about 1 1/4 hours.
- 12Remove cover; bake about 10 more minutes, until brown. (Don't open frequently.).
- 13Serve with cooking juices over hens.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Stuffed Cornish Hens - Clay Pot
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 572.8
- Calories from Fat 348
- Total Fat 38.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.3 g
- Cholesterol 279.9 mg
- Sodium 477.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 51.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: