Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Not sure where I got this recipe, but it sounds really interesting.
Make and share this Cream Cheese Stuffed Cornish Hens - Clay Pot recipe from Food.com.
- Soak clay pot, top and bottom, in cold water for 15 minutes.
- Rinse hens, pat dry; reserve giblets for another use.
- Sprinkle hens with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix herbs in cream cheese to taste.
- Place half of mixture inside each hen.
- Place hens, breast side up in cooker.
- Drizzle with margarine.
- Place cooker in cold oven.
- Set oven to 450 degrees.
- Bake until hens are tender and light brown, about 1 1/4 hours.
- Remove cover; bake about 10 more minutes, until brown. (Don't open frequently.).
- Serve with cooking juices over hens.