Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is straight for Kraft:Family & Foods magazine. It is very similar to another recipe posted here on the zaar, with a few changes. It is yummy and will not last long...at least they don't in this house.
Top Review by Kim D.
Great recipe! My DH isn't much on sweets, but he loved it as well. It's perfect as a dessert or for brunch with a cup of coffee. I followed the directions exactly and wouldn't change anything. I would suggest storing the leftovers covered, and in the refrigerator, because of the cream cheese. Thank you SkinnyMinnie for posting this wondeful recipe!
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls, divided
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Unroll 1 can of crescent dough and press into the bottom of a greased 9x13" baking dish. Firmly press seams together to seal.
- Beat the cream cheese, vanilla, egg and 1/2 cup of the sugar with an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over crescent dough in dish.
- Unroll the remaining crescent dough onto a sheet of wax/parchment paper. Pat out dough to form 13x9" rectangle, pressing seams together to seal. Invert over cream cheese mixture to form top crust. Discard paper.
- Bake 30-35 min or until golden brown. Combine remaining 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl; sprinkle over squares before cutting.