Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I got this recipe from the book entitled The Spirit of Christmas. Originally my mom had this recipe and it was a holiday staple in our house for years.
- Cream shortening and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Sift flour with salt and cinnamon; gradually add to cream mixture.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool before removing from baking dish.