Recipe by CookingLady
I got this recipe from the book entitled The Spirit of Christmas. Originally my mom had this recipe and it was a holiday staple in our house for years.
Top Review by MarleneLSU
I received a Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra Spritz cookie maker for Christmas last year. I was searching for a recipe since the one provided on the box failed. These turned out great! I divided the dough and colored one red and the other green. These were very easy to make. I altered the flavoring just a little by adding 1/2 teaspoon of Almond extrac and 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla. I also took the extra egg white and made a glaze paste with decorative sprinkles over the cookies just before putting in the oven.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- food coloring, if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Sift flour with salt and cinnamon; gradually add to cream mixture.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool before removing from baking dish.