1/1 Photo of Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
This recipe comes from a Southern Living paperback called Christmas Cookies. You can decorate these with colored sugar crystals, assorted candies, and or sprinkles if you so desire! I have a fondness for cookies with cream cheese and enjoy these. Sometimes I use almond or anise flavoring. Note added Dec. 2013: It seems improvements are in need so I am making corrections which are my own since I cannot find the original recipe. I am sorry for the mishaps you have had with the given recipe. I may recommend dividing the dough in thirds and working with smaller amounts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Changes were made to the amount of cream cheese, flour, and the addition of 1 egg yolk. I found this made a delicious cookie. If you like you may add up to 1/2 teaspoons salt. We are sensitive to sodium so I use as little as possible.
- 2Cream together butter and cream cheese in a large mixing bowl.
- 3Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- 4Add egg yolk and beat well.
- 5Stir in vanilla extract.
- 6Combine flour and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture, beating until well blended.
- 7Shape dough into 3 balls and chill thoroughly at least 25 minutes.
- 8Press dough from a cookie press 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets, using desired shaping discs.
- 9If desired, sprinkle with sugar crystals, etc. to decorate.
- 10Bake at 400 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- 11Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 12May decorate with colored icing, if desired.
- 13Yield: About 4 dozen.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (16 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 77.7
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 16.2 mg
- Sodium 44.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.9 g