Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are soooooo good!
- 6 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cooked spinach, well drained
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- seasoning salt and pepper (or use cayenne)
- 2 large eggs (mixed with 2 teaspoon water)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Flatten the chicken breast to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- In a large bowl, mix together cream cheese, spinach, garlic, nutmeg, seasoning salt and pepper (or cayenne pepper) until well combined.
- Mix the dry breadcrumbs with Parmesan cheese in a shallow bowl; set aside.
- Mix together the melted butter with garlic powder; set aside.
- Spoon equal amounts of mixture across the narrow end of each breast.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, and secure with toothpicks.
- Dip the stuffed breast into the egg, then roll into the dry breadcrumb mixture.
- Place into a buttered baking dish, seam-side down.
- Drizzle with butter/garlic mixture.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
i too followed some of the advice from other people. I've added hot sauce to the spinach while it was sauteing and then used spicy bread crumbs on the outside. So good. Thanks for sharing
Really very flavorful - I used flavored cream cheese and some hot sauce (as recommended below). The dish was very deliciuos, though I couldn't help thinking it would have been far less messy to prepare (and easier) as a casserole.
I felt like making a "normal" meal. My usual repertoire is Coq au Vin, Braised short ribs, lobster, bisque, that kind of thing. I made this for my friend and me and it was fabulous! My friend, who has early Alzheimer's, inhaled it. I made it tonight and it was so nice because she helped me due to it being very messy to make. She never spends any time in the kitchen and we had great fun. Wonderful dish, and I served corn on the cob -- perfection~!