Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake recipe is moist, light and fluffy.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
Cream Cheese Filling
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
Spicy Mocha Frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa (not Dutch processed)
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- For Cake:.
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour 13x9x2 inch pan.
- Beat cake ingredients with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Spread 1/2 the batter in pan. Pour filling over batter,
- Spread evenly. Spread remaining batter over filling.
- Bake cake 40 to 45 minutes. Check with knife fordoneness. Cool completely.
- Cream Cheese Filling:.
- Mix ingredient well with mixer. Set aside.
- Frost with spicy Mocha Frosting:.
- Spicy Mocha Frosting:.
- With electric mixer, mix all ingredients until smooth and spreadable. Frost cake. Cover, serve at room temperature.