Recipe by Bekah49036
If you love sweet breads then you HAVE to try this recipe. The cream cheese makes it sooo moist and creamy. And the cayenne gives it a unique kick (not spicy). Best when its warm and smeared with butter. (hey, I never said it was a healthy bread) :)
Top Review by bjd4
Cooling on the counter as we speak. The fresh ginger aroma was absolutely wonderful everytime the oven door was opened checking for doneness.Really looking forward to having a slice of this "over the top" banana bread.
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne (you may use more or less depending on personal taste)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups carrots, grated (about 2 large)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, whisk together first 7 (seven) ingredients and set aside.
- In another large bowl beat together cream cheese, bananas, butter, sugar, eggs and ginger using a hand mixer. (I like to leave it a bit lumpy so you get bits of cream cheese in your bread).
- Stir in carrots.
- Slowing mix in dry ingredients until just incoperated.
- Divide mixture between two greased loaf pans.
- Bake for 60 to 65 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.