Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be a starter, or -- cut up into bite-sized pieces -- perfect as a snack with drinks. Very quick and easy to make! I'm giving here the ingredients for just one nori seaweed sheet, so adjust the quantities! One nori sheet will make about 9 small finger snacks. I did not really measure, just eye-balled, so please use your own judgment! This is so easy, and the ingredients can be adjusted to your taste. On taste, I got the thumbs-up from my husband, my most honest critic, so here goes ... (The photos are awful. I simply could not get the dark green of the nori leaves to show! Photos look rather rude to me. I use Blue Dragon Sushi nori sheets).
- 1 nori, sheet (I use Blue Dragon sushi nori)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (spring onion, green parts)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (see note in directions)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ribbons from a cucumbers (to fit nori sheet, use a potato peeler)
- 4 mint leaves, large (or use more)
- Put the nori sheet on a counter or wooden board.
- Mash the cream cheese with the green onions, lemon juice, seasoning salt and garlic until soft. * My seasoning salt has a slight peppery bite. If yours does not, you may want to add a few drops of hot pepper sauce.
- When the cream cheese is spreadable, spread thinly with a knife over the nori sheet. You'll probably have some filling left over.
- Use a potato peeler to slice the 2 cucumber ribbons. Pat them dry with kitchen paper, and lay near the edge of the cream cheese filling.
- Tear each mint leaf into 2 - 3 pieces, and lay on the cucumber ribbons.
- Roll up the nori carefully but firmly. The nori should have softened by now, and you should have a nice sushi-sized "sausage". With a sharp serrated knife carefully slice the roll into as many pieces as you want. From the above ingredients you will get either 3 pieces (photo), which could be a starter, or you could cut finger snacks to get 9 pieces from this recipe.
- Repeat the recipe to get as many snacks as you want.