1/3 Photos of Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
This can be a starter, or -- cut up into bite-sized pieces -- perfect as a snack with drinks. Very quick and easy to make! I'm giving here the ingredients for just one nori seaweed sheet, so adjust the quantities! One nori sheet will make about 9 small finger snacks. I did not really measure, just eye-balled, so please use your own judgment! This is so easy, and the ingredients can be adjusted to your taste. On taste, I got the thumbs-up from my husband, my most honest critic, so here goes ... (The photos are awful. I simply could not get the dark green of the nori leaves to show! Photos look rather rude to me. I use Blue Dragon Sushi nori sheets).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 nori, sheet (I use Blue Dragon sushi nori)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese (more or less)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, finely chopped (spring onion, green parts)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (see note in directions)
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ribbons from a cucumbers (to fit nori sheet, use a potato peeler)
- 4 mint leaves, large (or use more)
- 1Put the nori sheet on a counter or wooden board.
- 2Mash the cream cheese with the green onions, lemon juice, seasoning salt and garlic until soft. * My seasoning salt has a slight peppery bite. If yours does not, you may want to add a few drops of hot pepper sauce.
- 3When the cream cheese is spreadable, spread thinly with a knife over the nori sheet. You'll probably have some filling left over.
- 4Use a potato peeler to slice the 2 cucumber ribbons. Pat them dry with kitchen paper, and lay near the edge of the cream cheese filling.
- 5Tear each mint leaf into 2 - 3 pieces, and lay on the cucumber ribbons.
- 6Roll up the nori carefully but firmly. The nori should have softened by now, and you should have a nice sushi-sized "sausage". With a sharp serrated knife carefully slice the roll into as many pieces as you want. From the above ingredients you will get either 3 pieces (photo), which could be a starter, or you could cut finger snacks to get 9 pieces from this recipe.
- 7Repeat the recipe to get as many snacks as you want.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Snacks Rolled in Nori Leaves
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 100.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 21.2 mg
- Sodium 66.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 2.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: