Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Buttery cake with a chocolate glaze--Yum!
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened,plus
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 6 ounces cream cheese
- 2 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Cream butter, cheese, and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Add flour; mix well.
- Pour into greased 15in by 10in baking pan.
- Bake at 325* for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Frosting: Mix sugar and milk in saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over med heat.
- Cover and cook for 3 minutes (do not stir).
- Stir in butter and chocolate chips until melted.
- Cool slightly; stir; spread over cake.
Yum! No one could believe how dense and tasty this cake was. I made the cake part per the recipe, but I cut it in half (not split) to make a layer cake and filled it and frosted it with a Mocha Butter Cream Frosting. It looked beautiful and tasted even better than it looked! :)