Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of those recipes that when served to guests you had better have lots of it. It is a real crowd pleaser that your guests just can't stop eating. The beauty of it is that it is so simple to make with only three ingredients. You can double the recipe but use two plates instead of one. You will simply have two appetizers. If you take this appetizer to a potluck or party, spread the mixture on a sturdy plastic or styrofoam plate and you won't have to worry about getting your plate back. My personal preference to accompany this spread is Ritz or rice crackers but use what you like, you won't be disappointed.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup purchased seafood sauce
- 6 ounces imitation crabmeat, shredded (pollack)
- assorted cracker, to serve
- Spread softened cream cheese into the bottom of a 9" plate.
- A pie plate works well for this.
- Spread the seafood sauce on top of the cream cheese covering to the edges.
- Sprinkle imitation crab meat over the top.
- (genuine crab can be used for this recipe but the imitation works really well).
- Serve using little spreading knives (I suggest you have at least four of these knives) with assorted crackers.
Wow!!!! This stuff is so good, I could eat it with a spoon. Good! Good! Good!