Recipe by LMillerRN
Makes a nice breakfast with fruit and breakfast meat. From Southern Living.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Excellent! Made one batch with fresh basil and they were to die for, if you like basil. Made another batch plain, and everyone loved them. Made a third batch to be used in taquitos along with sausage, potato, and cheese. Best taquitos ever! I love this recipe! Thanks for sharing!
- 8 large eggs
- 59.14 ml milk
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 14.79 ml butter
- 85.04 g package cream cheese, cut into cubes
- 78.07 ml chopped fresh basil (optional)
- fresh basil sprig
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture, and cook, without stirring, until eggs begin to set on bottom. Sprinkle cream cheese cubes evenly over egg mixture; draw a spatula across bottom of skillet to form large curds.
- Cook until eggs are thickened but still moist. (Do not stir constantly.) Remove from heat. Stir in chopped basil before serving, if desired, and garnish, if desired.
- Note: To lighten, substitute 2 cups egg substitute for eggs and 3 ounces light cream cheese for 3 ounces regular cream cheese. Proceed as directed.
- Sausage-Egg Soft Tacos:.
- Prepare Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs as directed, substituting 1 seeded and chopped jalapeño pepper for chopped basil. Sprinkle 6 (8-inch) flour tortillas evenly with 1 1/2 cups shredded colby-Jack cheese. Top one half of each tortilla evenly with Cream Cheese Scrambled Eggs and 1 (16-ounce) package cooked, drained, and crumbled ground pork sausage. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 cup shredded colby-Jack cheese. Fold tortillas over filling. Serve with sour cream and salsa. Makes 6 servings. Prep: 20 min., Cook: 15 min.