Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I adapted this from a savory recipe because they were so good, I thought they would make a wonderful sweet scone.
- 2 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Measure dry ingredients into food processor and pulse until well combined. Cut butter and cream cheese into small chunks and distribute throughout processor bowl.
- Hit pulse about 10 times for 1-2 seconds each pulse until course crumbs develop.
- Pour milk and vanilla through feed tube in a slow stream while pulsing until cohesive but crumbly dough forms.
- Turn dough onto floured surface and gently squeeze it into a ball. Flatten and gently shape into an 8 by 8 inch square. Cut into 16 even squares.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake 15-18 minutes until lightly browned.
Very nice scones I made 8 and froze some as I'm the only scone lover here, hard to believe I know! Super quick and easy to make, I just wish that they had risen more but the taste was great, especially with some ginger marmalade :D
These scones are very yummy. I cut them in triangles. I gave a few to my new friends that are Columbian and they never heard of scones. And they loved them. Thanks MJMommy13