Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe when I worked at the school. One of the teacher brought it for our breakfast potluck. I've fixed this for several different occasion and it was always a hit. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- In a bowl, mix sausage with cream cheese.
- Roll out each croissant pkg into a rectangle, pinching together at the seams to make one large piece.
- Place the 1/2 of the cheese mixture down the middle(the entire length of each rectangle) and fold one side of the dough to the middle and the other and pinch the top together at the seam.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, preheat oven according to croissant directions.
- Remove wrap and slice in 1/2 inch slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
Great Recipe. I made this to take to a work function. It was so easy to prepare the night before and then pop in the oven the next morning. It was a hit. Taste a lot like biscuits and gravy!!
We really liked these. Were easy to prepare ahead and just slice and bake in the AM. I think we would like less filling, but that is a personal preference. Will make again definitely. My first attempt at photographing my food sooo. Made and reviewed for spring PAC 2009
I make these same things but I use one triangle of cresent dough in each regular sized muffin cup. After draining the sausage I add the cream cheese to the sausage and stir until thorougly mixed. Then I spoon the filling into the cups and bake according the the crescent directions. It's amazing how much this tastes just like biscuits and gravy!