Recipe by Texaspollock
I got this recipe when I worked at the school. One of the teacher brought it for our breakfast potluck. I've fixed this for several different occasion and it was always a hit. Prep time does not include overnight refrigeration.
Top Review by macruise
Great Recipe. I made this to take to a work function. It was so easy to prepare the night before and then pop in the oven the next morning. It was a hit. Taste a lot like biscuits and gravy!!
- 1 lb breakfast sausage (HOT)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 2 (8 ounce) packages refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in skillet.
- In a bowl, mix sausage with cream cheese.
- Roll out each croissant pkg into a rectangle, pinching together at the seams to make one large piece.
- Place the 1/2 of the cheese mixture down the middle(the entire length of each rectangle) and fold one side of the dough to the middle and the other and pinch the top together at the seam.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or foil and refrigerate over night.
- In the morning, preheat oven according to croissant directions.
- Remove wrap and slice in 1/2 inch slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.