Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Combining cream cheese, marmite and apple, makes for a tasty sandwich. Some of the 'variations on a theme' sandwiches are based '60 sandwich ideas' found on vegan-cookbook website, the others are combinations that I have found to be successful myself. I use dairy products, but there are vegan substitutes available if you prefer.
- 1 teaspoon yeast extract
- 1 -2 tablespoon soft cream cheese
- 1⁄2 granny smith apples or 1⁄2 Red Delicious apple, cut in wafer thin slices
- 2 slices brown bread or 2 slices white bread
- Spread one of the slices of bread with yeast extract and the other with cream cheese.
- Top the cheese with slices of apple. Close sandwich, cut and serve.