Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cream cheese and celery.Some of the 'variations on a theme' sandwiches are based '60 sandwich ideas' found on vegan-cookbook website, the others are combinations that I have found to be successful myself. I use dairy products, but there are vegan substitutes available.
cream cheese and celery
- 2 flour tortillas (or 4 slices malted brown bread)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1⁄2 stick celery, chopped finely
- 1⁄2 small garlic clove, crushed (optional)
- 1⁄4 small red pepper, chopped (optional)
- 2 -3 tablespoons baby mustard cress (about 1/2 punnet salad cress) (optional)
- 4 -6 mange-touts peas, each one cut in 2 - 3 pieces on the diagonal (optional)
- Layer everything on the tortilla or sandwich bread, or stuff into pitta.