Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Cream cheese and strawberries (Variation No 3): If having for a packed lunch, slice fresh strawberries and cucumber and keep in a separate container until ready to eat your sandwich. Some of the 'variations on a theme' sandwiches are based '60 sandwich ideas' found on vegan-cookbook website, the others are combinations that I have found to be successful myself. I use dairy products, but there are vegan substitutes available if you prefer.
- 4 slices brown bread (or granary or other bread)
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 3 small fresh strawberries or 3 small strawberry jam
- 1 teaspoon pine nuts (toasted and chopped) (optional)
- 8 -12 slices cucumbers (finely sliced) (optional)
- fresh ground black pepper (optional)
- Spread the cream cheese on the bread and top with the sliced strawberries.
- (Optional) sprinkle with pinenuts. Cover with sliced cucumber and a twist of black pepper.