Recipe by ~mommyof3~
This recipe was brought to my grandmothers for our Christmas Eve dinner as an appetizer. The bowl was cleaned and everyone wanted the recipe. It's quick and easy and offers a twist on the original velveeta rotel dip. Dip with tortilla chips or fritos. You will love this dip!!!
Top Review by Chef Paula #4
I really am not a fan of Rotel dip-But that changed last night!! This is sooo AWESOME! Super easy and yummy. We had a few people over for an American Idol get together and this went so fast that I had to make a 2nd batch everyone just loved it and were commenting on how different it was. I will be making this again and again. Thanks so much mommyof3 for such a Great recipe.
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown sausage in large frying pan, drain and return to pan.
- Add 3 packages of cream cheese to the sausage.
- Drain about half of the liquid off the rotel tomatoes (actually pouring the rotels into a strainer will drain off too much of the liquid, just drain with lid on can).
- Add the rotel tomatoes to the cream cheese and saugage and melt all ingredients together until well blended.
- Can be served in a crock pot to stay hot.