Recipe by SouthernBell2627
This recipe is from "Ambrosia". This cookbook is from Vicksburg, MS. Excellent party dish!
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 loaves white bread
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, almond extract, and egg.
- Trim crusts off bread and flatten each piece with a rolling pin.
- Keep bread slices under a damp paper towel so they do not dry out.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on bread slices and roll up like a jelly-roll.
- Dip each roll in melted butter and roll in remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- ***Maybe served warm or at room temperature.