Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Creamy and sweet and tart all together - yum!
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup water, at room temperature
- 2 cups sliced rhubarb, in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 unbaked pie shell, nine inch
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- whipped cream, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a saucepan, combine the cornstarch, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add water and stir until well combined.
- Add the rhubarb, and over medium-high heat let simmer, stirring often, until it thickens.
- (If using frozen rhubarb, let it thaw before using in recipe.) Pour into pie shell.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes.
- While the bottom half is baking, make the top: beat together the cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- When bottom half of pie has finished baking, remove it from the oven and pour the cream cheese mixture on top.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 325 degrees and return the pie to the oven.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until set.
- Let cool and chill for several hours or overnight.
- Before serving, garnish with whipped cream.
This was easy to make and absolutely delicious. I only got one piece before the rest was gone. I plan on using this recipe often.
Made as written. We really enjoyed pie. Will make again
Wouldn't make this again, followed recipe exactly as written. Neither rhubarb filling nor cream cheese part was very flavorful... no one would eat it at my house :( I really wanted to like it because rhubarb and cheesecake are pretty much my favorite things in the summer! On the plus side, it was really pretty and holds up very well in the fridge for at least a week.