Recipe by BachFromTheDead
These are real yummy, not too sweet, perfect for breakfast, or just a quick to-go snack. NOTE: I used neufchatel as a lower calorie/fat sub, and it tasted fantastic!
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temp, plus
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temp
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces neufchatel cheese
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 1⁄8 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 5 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 5 1⁄4 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees Farenheit and line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Beat butter, sugar, vanilla, cheese, and sour cream until fluffy (about 3-5 minutes) using either a hand-mixer or your hand/whisk. In a separate bowl; mix eggs, baking powder, salt, and flour (it will be rather crumbly, but never fear, this is normal and will not matter after the next step.
- Add the flour mixture to the cheese mixture. Stir until well incorporated at a high speed (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the milk until the batter holds a thicker consistancy, yet is fully incorporated to the milk. Fold in the jam.
- Using a measuring cup(1/4 is my reccomendation, the measuring ensures a uniform size amongst the cupcakes) or ice cream scooper, fill the muffin tins accordingly (the fuller you fill the cups, the more of a top your cupcake will have).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 until the cupcakes are a slight golden color and cooked through (if the toothpick comes out clean).
- Let cool for 5 minutes before sprinkling with confectioners sugar. Serve.