Recipe by Manami
This delectable cake, based on crescent rolls, features a sweet filling bursting with fresh raspberries. We have made this several times and we have recieved the same reaction each time - no one can believe this has those yummy flakes of dough, crescent rolls. I found this on the Pillsbury website.
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Pillsbury Refrigerated Crescent Dinner Rolls
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 2 teaspoons strained orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray large cookie sheet or 14" pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Unroll both cans of dough; separate into 16 triangles; reserving 4 triangles for topping.
- On sprayed cookie sheet, arrange 12 triangles, in a cricle with points toward center, leaving a 3" hole in center.
- Press dough to form 14" ring; press seams together to seal.
- Fold outer and center edges up to 1/4".
- In medium sized bowl, combine all filling ingredients except raspberries; mix well.
- Gently stir or fold in raspberries(mixture will be thin).
- Spoon filling over dough.
- With scissors or pizza dough cutter, cut each reserved triangle lengthwise into thirds.
- Place 1 teaspoon sugar on work surface.
- Press each dough strip into sugar.
- Arrange sugared strips, sugar side up, evenly spoked-fashion over filling.
- Press ends to seal at center and outer edges.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine ingredients for glaze; stir until smooth.
- Drizzle over coffee cake.
- Serve warm.