Recipe by KelBel
This is a delicious basic recipe for quiche. You can add any combination of fillings to suit your taste.
Top Review by veronica l.
AWESOME - huge hit today with my family. I made it: -crustless: used sautéed mushrooms (whole large, sliced, 7) to line the pie plate. -with less cream cheese (used about 3 oz) -instead of grated, i took swiss cheese and sliced finely while very cold -used one package of Oscar Mayer real-bacon pieces - added the mix of 4 eggs whisked with ~ 1 cup of 2% milk, adding provencal herbs (dried) Cooked exactly as directed: 15 at 425, then 30 at 350. It was amazing and made about 4 large slices - perfect for my small family. Thank you to Kelbel for posting this awesome recipe.
- 1 frozen 9-inch deep dish pie shell
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄4 lb grated swiss cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
- 1 cup browned sausage or 1 cup bacon or 1 cup ham or 1 cup seafood, your choice (enough to cover the bottom in a single layer. Also very good with sauteed fresh mushrooms and spinac)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Saute onion in butter until transparent.
- Cover the bottom of the pie crust with the cream cheese, cut into small pieces.
- Add the meat and onion and top with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Mix together the milk and eggs and nutmeg if using and pour over the top.
- Bake for 15 minutes, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees, and bake for another 30 minutes.