Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A nice, pumpkiny dough surrounding a spiraled sweet cream cheese filling. Can be made ahead and frozen for those times when you want to get ahead. From my Great Aunt Triplett. Delicious!
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2⁄3 cup pumpkin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 tablespoons melted margarine
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (powdered)
- Grease a 10 by 15" cookie sheet. Line with wax paper and grease again.
- Mix in order: eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and cinnamon. Sift in the flour. Spread into pan and sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired. They add a nice little crunch.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Turn onto a flat tea towel that has been dusted with powdered sugar. Roll from short end (10 inch side) up into a log, waxpaper, towel, and all.
- Place in fridge and cool completely. Make the filling just before you take the cool log from the fridge. FILLING.
- Beat together the melted margarine, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until smooth.
- Unroll the log and remove wax paper. Spread the creamy filling onto cake and roll just the cake back up, ignoring towel. Place in aluminum foil and refrigerate.* When ready, slice and serve.
- *OR freeze for later use. :).
This didn't make 20 slices, but it was still amazing. I almost couldn't resist eating the cream cheese filling. It also seemed very easy to make, so I will be making it again. Next time I will make sure to roll it tighter, but I don't think it affected the taste at all. Thank you so much for this easy yet impressive dessert!
This is the best dessert i know of. A little work but very well worth it. I always double the recipe and make two.
My daughter makes this recipe for most holidays. Mainly because I have a sister who requests this every single time. It is a pretty good recipe if you enjoy pumpkin and cream cheese.