Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is a yummy, moist, and mildly spiced bread. I use homemade pumpkin puree which is similar to the canned. I grind my own whole wheat flour so it is very fine.
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml pumpkin puree
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 78.07 ml brandy (fruit brandy is good-like apricot)
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 177.44 ml whole wheat flour
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml allspice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 226.79 g cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg
- 59.14 ml sugar
- Blend the brown sugar and egg until smooth and light. Add the pumpkin, butter and brandy. Add the remaining dry ingredients all at once and mix just until well moistened.
- Spread into 2 greased and floured loaf pans or 4 mini loaf pans.
- Make the filling: Blend the cream cheese, egg and sugar, beating until fluffy. Spread the filling over the pumpkin batter and swirl several times with a knife.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes for the large loaves or about 35 minutes for the mini loaves. Cool 10 minutes in the pans before turing out on wire racks. Let cool completely before slicing.
Absolutely amazing!!! My mom who is very picky loved it so I am making another one for her. I added walnuts to it to add just a little bit of crunch, and it was awesome. Love this recipe:-)
Rave reviews from everyone in the family. I made both loaves & sent DH & DD over to a neighbor's house. His wife just had surgery & a warm loaf of this bread was a nice treat for them. The loaves were moist, the brandy a nice touch & the cheesecake like top was like icing on a cake. Always the best part, IMHO. lol Thanks for sharing, Kaarin! Made for My 3 Chefs, Nov 2008.