Someone was looking for this recipe and I became intrigued. I had tasted these also and loved them. I went on a hunt and looked at several recipes. I "cut and pasted" and put together a recipe that met the specifications. I made them and they were "The Bomb!" Note* Dough should be refrigerated at least four hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- 2Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and mix.
- 3Slowly add flour, salt, and baking powder and fold into mixture with a spoon.
- 4Dough should be slightly sticky.
- 5Divide dough into 4 equal parts and roll into a ball and place into a large mixing bowl.
- 6Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- 7May be chilled overnight.
- 8Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 9Work with one section of chilled dough at a time.
- 10Place dough on a floured surface and sprinkle course sugar on surface.
- 11Break off a piece of dough about the size of a large meatball and roll it into a rope about 12 inches long, roll dough in course sugar to coat dough.
- 12Shape into a pretzel shape and transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 13Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- 14Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes or until golden and lightly brown.
- 15May melt chocolate morsels to dip cookie in after cookie is baked and cooled.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Pretzel Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (914 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 167.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 33.2 mg
- Sodium 166.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g