Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
Someone was looking for this recipe and I became intrigued. I had tasted these also and loved them. I went on a hunt and looked at several recipes. I "cut and pasted" and put together a recipe that met the specifications. I made them and they were "The Bomb!" Note* Dough should be refrigerated at least four hours.
- 1⁄2 lb butter (room temperature)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- course sugar or candy sprinkles
- parchment paper, for lining baking sheet (optional)
- Mix butter, cream cheese, and sugar in a mixing bowl with electric mixer.
- Add egg, vanilla, and almond extract and mix.
- Slowly add flour, salt, and baking powder and fold into mixture with a spoon.
- Dough should be slightly sticky.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts and roll into a ball and place into a large mixing bowl.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for at least 4 hours.
- May be chilled overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Work with one section of chilled dough at a time.
- Place dough on a floured surface and sprinkle course sugar on surface.
- Break off a piece of dough about the size of a large meatball and roll it into a rope about 12 inches long, roll dough in course sugar to coat dough.
- Shape into a pretzel shape and transfer to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Repeat with remaining cookie dough.
- Bake at 350°F for 14-16 minutes or until golden and lightly brown.
- May melt chocolate morsels to dip cookie in after cookie is baked and cooled.