Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Made this every Holiday season with my Mom with the cookie press that had belonged to my Grandma, that is now kept at my house. This is one of my most requested recipes from family and friends when they want something a little special for parties and the holidays
- Cream together shortening, butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Seperate egg and mix well beaten egg yolk into creamed mixture.
- Save egg white and lightly whip.
- Add vanilla to creamed mixture.
- Mix in the 2 cups of flour.
- Put into cookie press and press onto cold ungreased cookie sheet.
- Brush with egg white it decorating with colored sugar.
- Bake at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
I have an heirloom cookie press as well! I love the cream cheese in this recipe. It gives a little more flavor and makes the cookies creamier.