1/2 Photos of Cream Cheese Pound Cake With Strawberries and Cream
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (16 ounce) container fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups sifted cake flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- strawberry syrup (see recipe I posted Strawberry Sauce)
- 1 whole fresh strawberries, garnish
- 1Sprinkle sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons sugar; cover and chill until ready to serve.
- 2Beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy; gradually add 2 1/2 cups sugar, beating well.
- 3Add eggs, l at a time, beating until combined.
- 4Stir in flour by hand just until moistened.
- 5Stir in salt and vanilla.
- 6Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- 7Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 8Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan, and let cool completely on wire rack.
- 9Cut into slices.
- 10Beat whipping cream and 3 tablespoons sugar at high speed with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- 11Serve with cake; top with strawberry mixture, and drizzle with Strawberry Syrup.
- 12Garnish, if desired.
- 13Note: Great results for this recipe were gotten from using a hand mixer and then stirring the flour in by hand.
- 14High-powered stand mixers can over beat some pound cakes, giving them a tough texture.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cream Cheese Pound Cake With Strawberries and Cream
Serving Size: 1 (2442 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7516.1
- Calories from Fat 3474
- Total Fat 386.0 g
- Saturated Fat 231.1 g
- Cholesterol 2332.5 mg
- Sodium 2793.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 935.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 589.5 g
- Protein 98.5 g