Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This cake is really different, rich and delicious! It came from my sister in law's mother, Ethel Theriot.
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Cream butter, shortening and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until light& fluffy.
- Add eggs, beating well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and pecans, add to creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk, stirring just until blended.
- Stir in flavorings.
- Spoon batter in greased, floured 10" tube pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
- Cool in pan 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from pan and finish cooling.
- Ready to serve.
This is a rich cake and the texture of the cake turns out great, moist and delicious, must try.