Cook1 hr 30 mins
This is a lovely moist pound cake I got the recipe from a friend I used to work with. Perfect plain or with fruit or ice cream.
- *note:Please do not be tempted to use low fat anything.
- The cake will fall and be very gummy.
- Cream butter and cream cheese for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add sugar and beat thoroughly.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each egg.
- Add flour and flavoring, Mix until well blended.
- Grease and lightly flour a 10" tube pan and pour batter into pan.
- Place cake in a cold oven.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hour at 285 degrees.
- No matter how tempted DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN DOOR WHILE BAKING!
- Cool for 20 minutes in pan after removing from oven.