Recipe by PSU Lioness
I found this in the 2012 "Taste of Home" cookbook. It was submitted by Richard Hogg of Anderson, SC.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating will after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; beat into creamed mixture until blended.
- Transfer to a greased and floured 10 inch fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 hours or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.