- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Cake freezes extremely well.