Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Rich, dense, tall pound cake. Top with ice cream, or strawberries, or whatever else you desire. But, I'll tell ya a secret.....It's delicious enough we eat it plain.........
- 1 1⁄2 cups margarine or 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar, and cream cheese.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and baking powder; mix well.
- Pour into greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 325 for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Cake freezes extremely well.
This recipe is perfect. best pound cake ever!!!!!
It is a good flavor cake except it was abit too crumbly.
Great cake..good flavour. I did add a butter cream to it..:). The only complain is that it was a little too crumbly.