Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
The best pound cake around!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour, sifted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans in a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan; set aside.
- Cream butter and cream cheese in a large bowl.
- Gradually add sugar; beat well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour and salt, stir until combined.
- Stir in vanilla and remaining pecans.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake at 325* for 1-1/2 hours, until a pick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
This cake is delicious! I did not use the pecans though. I will make it again and again.
This is absolutely the best cake in the universe! My granny made this for years. After she died started making it. The only difference is that we do not add the pecans!