Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This pound cake is very rich. I only make once a year. At Christmastime. I have made it both in a bundt pan and in smaller pans for gift giving. I believe it's a TOH recipe. I have not altered the original at all. Preparation time is approximate.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, no substitutes, room temperature
- 1 (8 ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar. Beat 7 minutes.
- Add eggs 1 at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Gradually add flour; beat just until blended.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour into greased tube pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. (90 minutes)
- Cool 15 minutes before removing to wire rack.