Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A melt in your mouth, easy to make, delicious pound cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- In a mixing bowl add dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and butter. Beat in sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon juice, rind, and vanilla; mix.Slowly sift in flour mixture until blended. Beat until flour is completely mixed into batter(batter will be heavy).
- Turn into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour.
- Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes.
- When cool, dust with powdered sugar.