Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This recipe has been in my family for many years and its one of my favorite. It's by no means a low fat desert but man is it good.
- 1 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups cake flour
- Cream butter, margarine, sugar, cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Stir in salt and vanilla.
- Add eggs one at a time beating well after each one is added.
- Add Flour mixing well.
- Put in tube pan and put in cold oven and set temp at 325°F.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or longer as needed.
Its the perfect pound cake! Its moist, smooth, and perfectly dense. The crust is even great, and I'm not a big fan of the crust on most desserts!