Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
A fantastic pound cake to use for strawberry shortcake.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter
- 8 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese.
- Add eggs one at a time while mixing on low.
- Add vanilla.
- Add flour half a cup at a time.
- Pour batter into bundt cake pan.
- Bake for 1 and 1/2 hours (Do not up the heat to try and bake faster. It will ruin the cake).